Here’s 40 ideas that work! How do we know? We’ve tested them many times and every one of these ideas will help you boost response.
1. Know who you are! A unique brand personality makes you stand out, makes people like you, makes them want to do business with you.
2. Include some kind of letter. Even a fake “on-page” letter in a self-mailer or catalog. Packages with letters outperform letter-less mail 99% of the time. Even a boring, self-serving letter can be better than no letter. A well-written, 1 to 1 letter with some personality in it is better than anything. Get a pro to help you. It’s important.
3. Letter layout is almost as important as copy. Make it look inviting, easy to read. Use short sentences, short paragraphs, indents, double space between paragraphs, cross-heads, Johnson boxes, and a signature that looks like a human being wrote it. Not something like this: Marilyn Monroe
4. Make the signature any color you want, as long as it’s blue. It makes the letter look like it was signed by a real human being.
5. A lot of people read the P.S. before they get into the letter. It’s a great place for your single best point.