I first met Bridget Best when she and her twin sister Colleen were about 6 years old. They lived in Toronto and I was working there at the time.
I visited them, and really got a kick out of them, because whatever they thought of seemed to leap out of their mouths. Their parents called them “Twinkles”. Mostly because they were bright and alive and always had something up their collective sleeves.
Now Bridget is an opera singer. Though I’ve never heard her perform, I have spoken to people who have…and they rave about her talent. She’s graduated from Hunter College in New York, with Music as her major and the Manhattan School of Music where she studied Classical Voice.
Last week, I met up with her in NY at the Canadian Consulate and was amazed at how lovely she is, and now she’s looking for work singing. If you know of any opportunities for her, just let me know and thanks for your advice.
So, Bridget needs auditions!
What would I do to get some good ones?
1. I Googled “opera auditions“…and the Metropolitan Opera came up and they said, “mail a photo and your resume“. I’d add a great letter too. Other places for auditions came up too. This is a marketing numbers game, so respond to all those opera companies.
2. I figured she’d have a video on YouTube singing. But i looked there and couldn’t find one.
3. She did a concert and webcast which she should put on YouTube, Facebook and her website. Here’s a link: MSM-NYC
4. Bridget might also volunteer to sing at music schools, fund-raising events, and at private parties. Her lovely Soprano voice is amazing and someone might refer her to just the right opera company.
5. Social Media is always an opportunity to reach out on LinkedIn, Twitter, Plaxo, and a great place to network with many people.
Maybe she might call herself “@BridgetTheSoprano” (on Twitter).
Good Luck my lovely friend!